example of passive construction techniques and healthy offices for social,
sustainable and creative organisations, close to Antwerp central station.Locatie: Borgerhout, Antwerp
- Start project: 2009, at the request of local organizations
- Start construction: beginning 2017
- Opening: mid 2018
- Total surface area: 2.200 m²
- Number of work stations: 164
- Number of lessees: about 25
- Shared infrastructure: reception desk, 4 meeting rooms, multifunctional room, kitchenettes, bike parking, showers, roof terrace
- Cooperation with Ecohuis: bigger meeting rooms availabel - design and management of the green courtyard between Ecohuis and Mundo-a
- Cooperation with EcoCafé: restaurant and catering
- Website Mundo-a (Dutch)
At the beginning of 2017 the construction of Ethical Property Europe's fourth Mundo-centre in Belgium, Mundo-a, will take off.
The idea for Mundo-a started with a group of organizations in Antwerp active in the domain of sustainability, and wanting to share for years an office building with like-minded organizations. In 2009 they called upon Ethical Property Europe because of our experience in this domain.
As this project will be a new building, and as we carry it out together with the initiators, among which some are active in the domain of sustainable construction, Mundo-a will be a showcase of a sustainable building.
Mundo-a will house twenty to twenty five private offices on approximately 2,000 m². In addition, there will be a reception desk, four meeting rooms, a multifunctional room, kitchenettes, a bicycle parking, showers and a roof terrace. Larger meeting rooms will be available in the Ecohuis, and the EcoCafé will function as a restaurant and provide catering. Between Mundo-a and the Ecohuis, a green courtyard will be installed.
The opening is due in 2018. Half of the available office room in Mundo-a is already booked.